Friday, December 13, 2013

Looking back

The school I grew up in is playing in the semi finals of the state playoffs tonight. It has been so awesome seeing all the throw back pics that everyone has been posting from back in the day. It brought back a lot of memories of school. Hartshorne has always been a very school spirited place to live. I remember all the pep rallies and pep assemblies. My older brothers played sports and I attended all the football, basketball, and baseball games for as long as I can remember. It was a really fun place to go to school. Hartshorne is a small country town in southeast Oklahoma. There isn't a lot there, but there is a lot of good people that live there. I love seeing their football team have this great success. I cheered on the Miners for many years and the Miners will always have a special place in my heart.
Our memories of our past are important. They really shape who we become. You take the good with the bad and somehow turn it into being the best person that you can be. It is easy to let all the bad things in your life drag you down and forget about the good. When you let that happen you become filled with bitterness and that is never a good thing. We have to learn to accept the bad parts of our life and learn from them. Moving on past things in your life is always hard. You want to dwell on them and search for answers. Sometimes we won't ever find out the answers, no matter how hard we search. We have to trust God and that has to be good enough. Letting go of things that drag us down is hard, but it needs to be done to move forward. Having all the answers is not always in our best interest. Staying focused on the future and moving forward is the best way to deal with whatever life throws your way.
I no longer care why I was put in that phone booth. The reason doesn't matter anymore. I just want to find my family and move forward with our future. They missed me growing up, but they could see my children grow up. Another Christmas is almost here. This will mark 35 Christmas without my biological family. I am believing that this will be the last one though. We can't make up for the things we missed but we can look to the future and the memories we will make. With God all things are possible.

Good Luck tonight MINERS!! GO BIG BLUE!! MFND

No comments:

Post a Comment