Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Phone Call and an Unmistakable Resemblance

So much has happened since I last blogged 24 hours ago. My heart is so overjoyed that I feel like it might explode. I can't stop smiling!!!
After I blogged yesterday I made that phone call. I was so nervous and didn't really know what I was going to say. But the woman on the other end of the phone was amazing. Our dates defiantly match up, and there are a few similarities. But over all I am not sure are stories match up,
An anonymous source back in 1978 called the Tulsa PD and reported that I was taken from my biological mom by my biological grandmother and placed in the telephone booth. HE said the mother needed medical attention, but the grandmother wouldn't take her to the doctor because they would know that she just had a baby. A woman called the hospital I was in twice and the PD twice back in 1978 and said "Take care of my baby, Im going to come get her." But she never showed up. 
This part of my story doesn't really match up with the woman I talked with. But we can't ignore the dates and the few similarities that we share like migraines. Our migraine symptoms are almost identical. It was crazy. I really enjoyed talking to this amazing woman and if we turn out to be sisters or not I want to help her find her other missing sister!! No matter the outcome here I met an amazing person with an amazing story and we have a lot in common. Sister or not I found a friend, and I am so thankful to God for that. 
Yesterday afternoon I received a message from another amazing person who thought I looked like her cousin. I must say the resemblance is unmistakable. For the first time in my life I see pictures of people other than my kids that look like me!! WHAT?!? This has never happened before!! There are 2 sisters and I resemble them so much! My kids resemble them and I resemble their kids!! CRAZY HUH? Could this be my family? If so its only through the father, who is now deceased. The only way that we can know is through a DNA test. 
I called my best friend from high school who works for DHS and she gave me the number to the DNA testing Center. I called it and found out a lot of information about the sibling test and how it works. The cost is $645 for the test and we can have the results back in 7-10 days!! We are going to do it!! 
Im so excited that words can not express what I am feeling. I know there is a possibility that these two girls are not my sisters, but this the closest I have EVER been. I will know within 2 weeks if I have found my biological fathers side of my family. 
That still leaves my biological mothers side of the family. I still have NO leads on that at all. I am really praying that I find my biological mom. I pray she is still alive. I am going to continue my search full force for her. So please continue sharing my story in hopes that she will see it.  
My husband made a phone call yesterday and found out that I can get the original police records from the investigation in 1978. I am going to go to Tulsa and pick those up this week. I know there is stuff in the report that wasn't released to the media and I can't wait to see what I find. 
THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who has shared my story, sent encouraging words, and prayers. THANK YOU to the cousin who took the time to look at my pic on her wall and notice the connection and then message me. 
A lady yesterday messaged me. She lives 2 blocks from the Tulsa Fairgrounds. She drove to the fairgrounds and said a prayer for me there!! My heart is overflowing from all the kindness. I truly am thankful for everyone helping me. I can not do this search alone. I have tried. But with your help I am getting closer than  I have ever been before.

No comments:

Post a Comment